Founded by volunteers from VRCG in 2011, Climb and Conquer Society Canada is a registered charity (85092 7237 RR0001) run entirely by volunteers located in Vancouver, BC. Our MISSION is to support youth (age 4-18) from disadvantaged backgrounds to build healthy self-esteem, relationships and leadership skills through rock climbing and caring mentorships.
We run 4 programs:
1.Monthly Pot-luck, Social & Climbing: where parents, youth & volunteers gather, eat, exercise and make new friends. Anybody’s welcome & no prior climbing experiences required & financial subsidy available. RSVP @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Events’ posted at www.facebook.com/climbnconquer/events
2. 1-1 Rockstar Mentorship Program: We carefully match 1 climber with 1 youth and they climb indoor once a week at a flexible schedule (0.5 year period). No prior climbing experiences required & financial subsidy available. RSVP @ email@example.com.
- Hive Vancouver 520 Industrial Avenue, Vancouver
- Cliffhanger Vancouver 670 Industrial Ave, Vancouver
- Richmond Oval 6111 River Rd Richmond
- Coquitlam Climb Base5 98 Brigantine Dr., Coquitlam
- Surrey Coastal Climbing Centre 7728 128 St #202, Surrey
- Hive North Shore: 140, 2270 Dollarton Hwy, North Vancouver
- Edge Climbing Gym 1485 Welch St #2, North Vancouver
3. Summer Camps. We go climbing, hiking and camping.
4. Financial Subsidy. We subsidize passes, memberships, youth programs, camps, etc. to make sure families can access CNC programs despite financial or other disadvantaged barriers.
What’s indoor rock climbing?
Ways to get involved?
Youth (age 4-18)
Come climb, practise your skills to become a Rockstar and make friends. Your friends and parents are welcome too. No prior experience nor gear is needed. More info & Apply CLICK HERE Questions: Joe Wong 7789997104 firstname.lastname@example.org *Full subsidy is available for families in need or by referral.
Anyone who supports our goals and over 16 years-old can join our Society. Member has a vote in guiding our Society to make positive impact and changes. Membership fee = $10. Sign-up CLICK HERE Questions: Joe Wong 7789997104 email@example.com Bylaws Meeting Agenda & Minutes
You are a current climber, want to volunteer and use your climbing skills to change the world?
*You don’t need to be a 5.14 climber. You must be a safe climber with impeccable character.
2 ways to volunteer:
- on-call volunteer for Monthly Indoor Climbing Drop-ins
- 1-1 Rockstar Mentorship Program (flexible dates/times, you arrange with the youth; once a week for min. 0.5year)!
For professionals or not-for-profits who work with youth, refer them to us! More info CLICK HERE
Shop & Donate
Donations are used to pay for courses, memberships, camps, etc.. $10,563 have been spent on participants as of April 2014. Donate $1/day & experience the power of changing a youth’s life forever! Be the hero now! More info CLICK HERE
Our project won’t be possible without the following support:
Operation and Sponsor:
Climbing Gyms and Sponsors:
- Clif Bar
Referral of Youth: