Volunteer to coach the future Rockstars
You are a current climber, want to volunteer and use your climbing skills to change the world?
*You don’t need to be a 5.14 climber. You must be a safe climber with impeccable character. See our current Rockstars!
3 Current Positions!
1. One on One Mentor for One on One Rockstar Mentorship Program.
(flexible dates/times, you arrange with the youth; once a week for min. 0.5year)!
Rockstar Locations (you can go to any of them)
- Hive Vancouver 520 Industrial Avenue, Vancouver
- Cliffhanger Vancouver 670 Industrial Ave, Vancouver
- UBC Aviary 6138 Student Union Boulevard, Vancouver (Nest Room 2206)
- Richmond Oval 6111 River Rd Richmond
- Coquitlam Climb Base5 98 Brigantine Dr., Coquitlam
- Surrey Coastal Climbing Centre 7728 128 St #202, Surrey
- Hive North Shore: 140, 2270 Dollarton Hwy, North Vancouver
- Edge Climbing Gym 1485 Welch St #2, North Vancouver
- Ground Up Climbing Centre 1201 Commercial Way #207, Squamish
APPLY HERE! *Please complete ALL 4 steps*
Step 1: Read Program Brochure
Step 2: Complete Online Application ***CLICK HERE*** (please specify if you want to be an on-call and/or 1-1 long term volunteer)
*only need to do once; if you have done the paper forms before, you don’t need to do this
Step 3: E-mail Criminal Record Check to Joe email@example.com
*If you don’t have one within 2 years, you need to do a new one. E-mail us for the ACCESS CODE & complete online here (takes a few min; $0): ***CLICK HERE***
*If you can’t do it online and need to do it physically at a police station, you will need this criminal check request form for a price discount.
Step 4: E-mail Joe firstname.lastname@example.org after you completed the first 2 steps.
Questions/Contact: Joe Wong 1.360.594.8727 email@example.com
2. Monthly Trips Leader for Grizzly Bear Youth Club.
(Currently only in Vancouver)
Volunteer will plan with youth and lead outdoor trips such as hiking, climbing, beach, Science World, etc.
Grizzly Bear Youth Club, open to all grade 8-12 youth, is a dinner club monthly October to June on a Friday night where we eat dinner together, indoor rockclimb, meet other more experienced indoor/outdoor climbers, learn university/career skills and plan for exciting club activities together. It’s youth-initiated and youth under the guidance of caring volunteers get to lead and plan for Grizzly Bear.
Great way to meet new friends. No prior climbing experiences required. The event is provided free of cost or by donations. Open to everyone.
Schedule is @ www.facebook.com/groups/vangrizzlybear
Apply to volunteer @ firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Summer Outdoor Weekend Overnight Camps.
(Currently only in Squamish)
Camp live in Volunteers (entire weekend camp) & Skills Instructors (a few days morning, afternoon or evening) are needed. Volunteer Details @ here.